Role of Announcements: Timely Homewood information. A public face to newcomers that specifically introduces Homewood Meeting and offers information about upcoming Homewood events.
Guidelines for Announcements:
· Homewood Friends Meeting Events
· Ongoing Homewood Events
· Announcements regarding upcoming events at simple lunch, camping events, etc.
· Time-driven news of Homewood Friends*, births, illness, deaths
· Only items under the care of the Meeting should be included.
· Items should be ongoing only if Friends need to be kept informed; usually, items should not be in announcements for more than two weeks.
· If you have questions, ask the Clerk.
*Note: News about Quarterly Meeting and Stony Run Friends can be included in cover emails and in announcements at the rise of meeting.
– – –
Role of Newsletter: Provides material for reflection; offers information about long-term Homewood events; offers information about events in the larger Quaker community.
· Faith and Practice query of the month
· Homewood Events
· Other Quaker Events: FCNL, FGC, Peace Vigils, Racism group
(These organizations include Quaker affiliated groups; groups who have a Homewood liaison who reports back to the Meeting; organizations that Homewood helps to support.)
· Include news of graduations, weddings, and Friends in the larger Quaker community.
· All info. must include deadline dates from the submitting party
· Most items to run one month only.
– – –
Other avenues for communication: cover emails for weekly announcements; announcements at the rise of meeting; Homewood website; phone calls; personal emails.