Financial contributions to Homewood Friends Meeting support our community and building, and help us support local, national, and international organizations, Quaker and non-Quaker, in their work for peace, justice, and the relief of suffering. Your gift is appreciated. There are a variety of ways you can give.
How can I make a gift online?
It’s quick & easy, via this secure link: https://homewoodfriends.breezechms.com/give/online. The secure online donation form will open up on a new page in your browser. It is administered by Breeze, a company that manages online donations for thousands of organizations. Breeze’s donation form is encrypted to protect your personal information, and uses the Stripe platform.
Once on our donation page, you’ll need to make a few choices and enter a few things:
- The amount of your donation. (You’ll note if it is a recurring donation further down the form, and you can choose how often you give.)
- You can give by credit/debit card or by ACH bank transfer (direct withdrawal from your bank account). ACH bank transfer saves Homewood money compared with credit/debit card payments, which have a higher associated fee.
- You can make a one-time gift or choose a schedule of automatic giving. (Many of our families choose to give to Homewood on a monthly basis, as it gives the Meeting a much better sense throughout the year on our budget and our income.)
- To set up an ACH payment, you will need to enter your name and contact information (for tax purposes) as well as your checking account information (bank account and routing number which are at the bottom of a paper check). For credit card donations, you’ll still need to enter your contact information and your credit card number. This is generally standard for online transactions.
- Breeze gives you the option of increasing your donation to cover our transaction fees. Many donors choose to do this. It is treated the same as the rest of your donation for tax purposes, and it helps the Meeting.
For more detailed instructions with screenshots we have created these Breeze Online Giving Detailed Instructions. You can also call the office and we can walk you through the steps or do it for you in Breeze. For your security, please DO NOT share financial account numbers or other information via email.
When you give online, Homewood members will not have any access to your bank account or credit card information.
How can I make a gift offline?
You may place cash or a check (made out to Homewood Friends Meeting) in the donations box in the meeting room. Or give or mail your check to:
Homewood Friends Meeting
3107 N. Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21218
If you would like advice on how to include the Meeting in your will, designate the Meeting as a beneficiary of an IRA, life insurance policy, or retirement plan, set up a charitable gift annuity, or contribute appreciated property (such as stock), please contact the office (410-235-4438). We’re happy to assist you.