The PEACE AND SOCIAL JUSTICE COMMITTEE strives to serve Quakers’ 300-year-old Peace Testimony. PSJ brings peace issues and social concerns to the attention of the Meeting for individual and/or corporate action in support of our Quaker testimonies to reject war, violence, exploitation and repression, believing that of God dwells in every person.
- We seek to serve, educate, spiritually enrich, and to practice peace-building.
- We aim to stand against violence, work to remove its underlying causes, and to promote peace with justice, understanding and unity.
- We act through public witness, direct service, awareness-promoting activities, and campaigns for fair, effective, and compassionate legislation.
Where we can, we network and act with other faiths and non-religious groups which share our non-violent values and methods. The committee is open to the participation of non-members.
Resources from P&SJ
Resources on Reproductive Justice December 2022
BYM Working Group on Reproductive Justice Statement August 2022
Oct-14-2022 No Nuclear War Rally Flier
Flyer on the Peace Testimony and the Ukraine War
PRIDE coloring pages from Homewood Friends Meeting
Another PRIDE coloring page, credit: Leiah M Jansen.
Love has no gender coloring page
BYM-PSC-2021 SPRING e-newsl BYM Peace and Social Justice Committee 2021 Spring newsletter
FOR THRESHING SESSION ON SEPT. 20, 2020:
Actions For Homewood Friends to take to Dismantle Systemic Racism
PSJ Racism Minute_rev
CALL FOR ACTION FROM BYM FRIENDS TO ALL OUR LOCAL MEETINGS
Threshing Session Explainer
- Links to bills re: no nukes letter —
- Peaceable City discussion series
- Peace and Justice informal reports
- Questions for Baltimore Mayoral Candidates
- Fall issue of the Peace & Justice Committee’s Newsletter
- Baltimore Quaker Peace & Justice Committee’s Facebook page
- Baltimore Quaker Peace and Justice Committee minutes
- Homewood Peace and Social Justice Committee 2017 Annual Report
- 2019 HFM PSJ Budget Notes 12-2-2018
- 2018 PSJ report Final
- 2019 HFM PSJ Budget Notes w Names 2-11-019
- Peace and Social Justice Committee 2019 Annual Report
- Homewood Stimulus Checks for Charity (4) (2)
You must be logged in to post a comment.