The PEACE AND SOCIAL JUSTICE COMMITTEE strives to serve Quakers’ 300-year-old Peace Testimony. PSJ brings peace issues and social concerns to the attention of the Meeting for individual and/or corporate action in support of our Quaker testimonies to reject war, violence, exploitation and repression, believing that of God dwells in every person.
- We seek to serve, educate, spiritually enrich, and to practice peace-building.
- We aim to stand against violence, work to remove its underlying causes, and to promote peace with justice, understanding and unity.
- We act through public witness, direct service, awareness-promoting activities, and campaigns for fair, effective, and compassionate legislation.
Where we can, we network and act with other faiths and non-religious groups which share our non-violent values and methods. The committee is open to the participation of non-members.
- Links to bills re: no nukes letter —
- Peaceable City discussion series
- Peace and Justice informal reports
- Questions for Baltimore Mayoral Candidates
- Fall issue of the Peace & Justice Committee’s Newsletter
- Baltimore Quaker Peace & Justice Committee’s Facebook page
- Baltimore Quaker Peace and Justice Committee minutes
- Homewood Peace and Social Justice Committee 2017 Annual Report
- 2019 HFM PSJ Budget Notes 12-2-2018
- 2018 PSJ report Final
- 2019 HFM PSJ Budget Notes w Names 2-11-019