MILES WHITE BENEFICIAL SOCIETY
Announcement of Special Grant for Summer Programs for
Distribution of Announcement on May 8, 2020
THE MILES WHITE BENEFICIAL SOCIETY OF BALTIMORE CITY (MWBS), a charitable organization affiliated with the Baltimore Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), is now accepting applications for one time per year grants of up to $5,000 from qualified non-profit 501C3 organizations serving youth in Baltimore during summer 2020.
MWBS is seeking to support organizations that provide educational, work, community service, recreational, and/or conflict resolution programs to underserved Baltimore youth and that have a connection to Friends’ Meetings or their members.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED ON or BEFORE June 1, 2020.
Applicants must submit the following information to be considered:
- Mission statement of the organization;
- Connection to Friends (Quakers), if any;
- Brief overview of current operations;
- Funding request with a clear and concise description of the intended use for the funds, the youth who will benefit from the program, and the intended impact on the youth;
- A safety plan related to COVID-19 requirements and the Governor’s directives (an attachment is fine);
- Plan to describe, assess, or measure the effect of the funding on the participating youth in a report submitted to MWBS by October 9, 2020; and
- A local contact person with address, e-mail, and phone number.
Send written applications to:
John McKusick, Trustee
Miles White Beneficial Society
603 Anneslie Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21212-2012
Send electronic applications to: email@example.com
N.B.: The MWBS Board understands that there is a great deal of uncertainty about the availability of summer programs for youth in 2020. Please do the best that you can to describe how you intend to provide a summer program for underserved children in Baltimore.